COVID-19 (coronavirus): Latest advice for the Bond community.

The Australian Government provides various assistance programs to help students fund their university studies and living expenses:

If you are an Australian Citizen, a holder of a permanent humanitarian visa, permanent visa holder or New Zealand citizen, you may be eligible for assistance under the Australian Government program called FEE-HELP.

Read more

Eligible domestic students can apply for a loan to pay for their compulsory Student Services and Amenities Fee. The maximum Student Services and Amenities Fee for 2021 is $312.00

How do I submit an application?

If you have received an offer from Bond University and have your Student Identification Number (SID) you can submit a SA-Help application online using your eStudent account.

  • Log in online via the Student Portal or directly at eStudent.
  • You will need your SID and password (Date of birth – ddmmyyyy) for your initial login
  • Select FEE-HELP tab
  • Enter details including your tax file number and submit the form online
  • DO NOT print the form as it won’t be accepted

There is no administrative fee and no interest on the debt however it is CPI adjusted by the Federal Government annually.

Students who withdraw after the census date for the semester will not be eligible for a remission of the SA-HELP debt or a refund of fees already paid.

For more information visit SA-HELP Loans or contact Student Business Centre via email.

Most domestic students who receive some form of government income support are on either Youth Allowance or AUSTUDY/ABSTUDY. Which one you are eligible for depends on your age and circumstances.

Youth Allowance

You may be eligible for Youth Allowance if you are:

  • aged 16-24 and studying or undertaking a New Apprenticeship full time (or aged 15 if considered independent), or
  • aged 16-20 and looking for work full time (or aged 15 if considered independent), undertaking a combination of approved activities like Work for the Dole or volunteering, or have a temporary exemption from the Activity Test (for example, due to illness), or
  • aged 25 and over and studying or undertaking a New Apprenticeship full time, if you were getting Youth Allowance immediately before turning 25 and are still doing the same course or New Apprenticeship. (Other full time students aged 25 and over can apply for Austudy), and
  • meet residence requirements.

If you are under 18, and have not completed Year 12, you are usually required to be in full time education, undertaking a New Apprenticeship or training to qualify for Youth Allowance, although some exemptions apply.

If you are not studying or undertaking a full time traineeship and you are getting Youth Allowance, you must show Centrelink you are actively looking for work by meeting the Activity Test.

If you have a disability and are studying, you may not need to study full time to be eligible for Youth Allowance or you may be able to get Disability Support Pension instead. However if you have a short term illness or injury which prevents you from studying full time you still may be able to get Youth Allowance for the period of the illness or injury.


You qualify for Austudy payment if you are:

  • over 25 years
  • doing an approved full-time course at an approved institution or undertaking a full-time New Apprenticeship, and
  • meet residence requirements.

You are considered independent so there is no Parental Means Test, but you must meet a personal (and partner) income and assets tests.


You qualify for ABSTUDY if:

  • you are an Australian Indigenous person and
  • you were 14 years or more on 1 January
  • and you:
    • are studying at primary school, or
    • are doing secondary school studies
    • are studying full-time or part-time at a TAFE, university or tertiary institution
    • are undertaking a full-time New Apprenticeship
    • are doing a distance education or correspondence course
    • are studying for a Masters or Doctorate
  • and you meet the basic eligibility requirements.

How much help you can get from ABSTUDY depends on:

  • whether you are studying full-time or part-time
  • what course you are studying
  • your age
  • whether you need to live away from home
  • whether you are dependent on your parents/guardians
  • how much you and your partner or parents/guardians earn.
Read more

Bond offers a number of full-fee and part-fee scholarships to the best and brightest applicants each semester and are designed to reward and encourage students who have excelled in the areas of academia, leadership, community and sporting. If you believe you have what it takes, we urge you to apply for one of our scholarships.

Read more

If you are undertaking a professionally oriented Masters by Coursework degree that is required for entry to a profession or is the fastest pathway to professional entry, eligible students are able to receive Youth Allowance, Austudy or Pensioner Supplement.

The Department of Social Services has approved the following Masters by coursework programs at Bond for enrolled students, who meet all other criteria, to receive a Centrelink income support benefit.

  • Doctor of Medicine
  • Doctor of Physiotherapy
  • Juris Doctor
  • Master of Accounting
  • Master of Actuarial Practice
  • Master of Architecture
  • Master of Construction Practice
  • Master of Finance
  • Master of Nutrition and Dietetic Practice
  • Master of Occupational Therapy
  • Master of Psychology (Clinical)
  • Master of Sustainable Environments and Planning

To be eligible for student income support through Youth Allowance and Austudy, you will need to be studying full time and satisfy all other eligibility requirements, including personal, parental or partner income tests.

Please note that no Masters by coursework combined programs have yet been approved for income support.

Please contact Centrelink within Human Services on 132 490 or visit the Department of Human Services website for further information about income support for approved Masters courses and student income support entitlements.

In cases where a student is employed and required to undertake training/education as part of their employment, you may be able to claim a deduction for specific expenses related to the training/education. For further information, visit the Australian Taxation Office’s ‘Education and study’ webpage at

Contact information

Consult your accountant or financial adviser for further advice.
For personalised advice regarding ways to finance your study, contact: Office of Future Students.

Bond University offers a number of Loyalty Discounts to students who;

  • have a direct family member attending Bond University in an eligible program; or
  • have completed an eligible program (alumni graduate) and alumni graduates’ eligible direct family members.

Eligible students are entitled to a total of $20,000 worth of loyalty discount per eligible program at Bond University.

Read more