Define your career potential
The property sector is Australia’s largest industry and second largest employer. Fulfilling the residential and non-residential needs of Australia continues to remain a priority and requires employers to hire graduates with the capabilities and skills to work in a dynamic and unpredictable market. Now more than ever, graduates must combine their knowledge and skills with the advancements in technology to remain competitive.
Prepare yourself with knowledge and technical skills for a career within global property related industries and professions. The combined Master of Valuation and Property Development/Master of Project Management prepares students with project management skills that ensure complex new initiatives are implemented as intended by development managers.
The Master of Valuation and Property Development/ Master of Project Management ensure graduates are equipped with knowledge and skills across a variety of disciplines. Graduates focus their attention to property investment and valuation, as well as project and program management. This combination of knowledge and skills allows graduates to differentiate themselves in the industry and pursue many career paths.
Combined degree options
- Master of Architecture / Master of Project Management
- Master of Construction Practice / Master of Project Management
- Master of Sport Management / Master of Project Management
- Master of Sustainable Environments and Planning / Master of Project Management
- Master of Valuation and Property Development / Master of Project Management
- Master of International Relations / Master of Project Management
- Master of Business Administration / Master of Project Management
- Master of Communication / Master of Project Management
- Master of Criminology / Master of Project Management
- Gain a qualification professionally recognised by some of Australia’s leading industry bodies
- Small class sizes and personalised approach to learning
- Graduate sooner with Bond’s accelerated degree option
About the program
The combined Masters degree in Valuation and Property Development and Project Management enables students interested in being a development manager to gain specialised knowledge related to property investment and development. Development managers require project management skills to ensure that complex new initiatives are implemented as intended. It is also an international endeavour, where property development and urban renewal is relentless. Show more
The combined Masters degree in Valuation and Property Development and Project Management enables students interested in being a development manager to gain specialised knowledge related to property investment and development. Development managers require project management skills to ensure that complex new initiatives are implemented as intended. It is also an international endeavour, where property development and urban renewal is relentless. Therefore, a combined understanding of the property investment process together with the generic principles of successful management of scope, time, cost, risk, human resources, quality, procurement, stakeholders and environmental impact, and their balanced integration, is most valuable. Development managers must know how to assess risks, and take them where appropriate, and may be involved in commercial, residential, industrial and civil developments, often involving large-scale projects. Students graduate with a Master of Valuation and Property Development and a Master of Project Management upon completion.Graduates of this degree are internationally recognised by the Project Management Institute (PMI). Show less
|Duration||6 semesters (2 years)|
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Architecture and Built Environment|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
You must complete all of the following subjects:
- Property Development and Feasibility Analysis (SSUD71-120)
- Corporate Real Estate (SSUD71-216)
- Project Finance and Procurement (SSUD71-111)
- Property Investment and Valuation (SSUD71-107)
- Real Estate Investment Trust Analysis (SSUD71-119)
- Real Estate Property Rights (SSUD71-106)
- Risk Management (SDIM71-201)
- Principles of Project Management (SSUD71-103)
- Project Resource Planning (SSUD71-403)
- Project Portfolio and Program Management (SSUD71-305)
- Expert Witness and Dispute Resolution (SDCM71-323)
- Research Methods in Humanities and Social Sciences (HUMR71-100)
- Research Project (SSUD74-200)
In addition, students must complete 4 electives. The following are recommended (and required for API accreditation):
The total program fees for the Master of Valuation and Property Development/Master of Project Management are:
Price may vary depending on elective discipline choice.
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than if you went to another university.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
Academic entry requirements
Completion of an Australian Qualifications Framework Level 7 Bachelor degree in a field cognate to the proposed degree.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information