Create career opportunities
Employers continue to seek graduates with a flexible skill set and knowledge across many disciplines, ensuring adaptability. A Master of Communication/ Master of Project Management at Bond allows graduates to gain a deeper understanding in both communication and project management. This combined degree option provides graduates with the skills and knowledge to expand their career paths and is professional recognised in the Project Management industry.
Graduate sooner with Bond’s accelerated degrees!
Intensive mode delivery
In addition to becoming knowledgeable in both communication and project management, students will learn through intensive mode delivery. This delivery method allows participants to receive 40 hours of combined lectures, discussion groups, case studies and workshops during contact hours per subject. International students are required to be on campus every week.
- Learn via intensive mode delivery and gain professional accreditation
- Become knowledgeable in both communication and project management
- Learn from nationally and internationally recognised academics
About the program
The combined Masters degree in Communications and Project Management enables students interested in a career in corporate communications, public relations and strategic and cultural communication to acquire expertise in the planning, implementation and management of projects and programs. Show more
The combined Masters degree in Communications and Project Management enables students interested in a career in corporate communications, public relations and strategic and cultural communication to acquire expertise in the planning, implementation and management of projects and programs. The addition of project and program management skills enables graduates to access more strategic positions in their organisation and to be responsible for overseeing new initiatives involving the management of scope, time, cost and risk. Communications is also a key competency of project and program management, and it is therefore possible that students pursuing a project management career might wish to obtain a combined degree with communication. Students graduate with a Master of Communication and a Master of Project Management upon completion. Graduates of this combined degree are internationally recognised by the Project Management Institute (PMI). Show less
|Duration||6 semesters (2 years)|
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Communication and Creative Media|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
You must complete all of the following subjects:
- Research Methods in Humanities and Social Sciences (HUMR71-100)
- Epistemology and Theory of Knowledge (HUMR71-110)
- Relational Communication (COMN71-104)
- Strategic Organisational Communication & Leadership (COMN71-105)
- Public Relations Masterclass (PUBR71-102)
- Social Media: Risks and Opportunities (COMN71-102)
- Human Communication Theory (COMN71-103)
- Advertising Masterclass: Brand Experience and Advanced Strategic Planning (ADVT71-102)
- Principles of Project Management (SSUD71-103)
- Project Finance and Procurement (SSUD71-111)
- Project Resource Planning (SSUD71-403)
- Risk Management (SDIM71-201)
- Project Portfolio and Program Management (SSUD71-305)
- Expert Witness and Dispute Resolution (SDCM71-323)
In addition, you must choose one (1) of the following suites of subjects for your dissertation/portfolio:
- Major Dissertation/Portfolio A (20 credit points) (HUMR72-701)
- Major Dissertation/Portfolio B (20 credit points) (HUMR72-702)
- Minor Dissertation/Portfolio A (HUMR71-705)
- Minor Dissertation/Portfolio B (HUMR71-706)
- Plus two (2) elective subjects from the Faculty of Society & Design list of available postgraduate subjects.(COMN71-710 Communication Internship and Portfolio and further Minor Dissertation/Portfolio subjects are available as elective subject options).
The total program fees for the Master of Communication/Master of Project Management are:
Price may vary depending on elective discipline choice.
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than if you went to another university.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
Academic entry requirements
Completion of an Australian Qualifications Framework Level 7 Bachelor degree in a field cognate to the proposed degree.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on english language proficiency requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information