Updated 3 November 2020
Please note the following information updated on 3 November 2020:
- Information on multi-modal study in the September Semester is provided at the following link: Student Resource: Q&A on MMD or you can watch the recently recorded Webinar including Q&A with students:
- Staying safe on campus
- Do not attend campus if you feel unwell.
- If you visit campus you must maintain physical distancing, demonstrate hand and respiratory hygiene, and sanitise surfaces where possible after use.
- Information for new border restrictions including 'Border zone' residents can be found: https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/public-health-directions/border-restrictions
- Every person entering or proposing to enter Queensland from another State or Territory must:
- provide a valid Queensland Border Declaration Pass; and
- provide an undertaking that the person will present for a COVID-19 test if the person develops symptoms consistent with COVID-19 within 14 days of entering Queensland; and
- comply with the undertaking while present in Queensland.
- If you are entering from a COVID-19 hot spot you should:
- Carefully read the Public Health Direction to ensure they understand the conditions of entry into Queensland.
- Apply for an Declaration Pass prior to reaching the border.
- Monitor the public direction website regularly as border entry requirements change
- You can only enter Queensland from a hotspot if you travel by air. You cannot travel by road through a hotspot.
- A person who enters Queensland must quarantine if in the 14 days prior to entering Queensland:
the person has been overseas; or
- the person has had contact with a person who is a confirmed case of COVID-19; or
- the person has been in a COVID-19 hotspot and is permitted to enter under Part 2
- the person has been a cleared case of COVID-19; or
- the person has had symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
Bond University response to coronavirus (COVID-19)
This page provides up-to-date advice for Bond University students and community regarding our response to the current outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) . This website will be continually updated as new information becomes available.
As part of Bond's commitment to our community's health and safety we have set up a Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response Team, which is monitoring the situation and following all the relevant advice from Government agencies and global organisations. The University is taking advice from both Federal and State authorities in responding to potential risks and will provide the latest advice and information to our community on this website over the coming period.
What's open on campus?
Sports Facility opening hours for Students, Staff and Bond Elite Athletes (Monday to Friday):
- Gymnasium - 6am - 7.30pm (Monday to Friday) 6am - 1pm (Saturday). Maximum of 100 allowed in the gym, no booking required.
- Sports Hall - 6am - 7pm (Monday to Friday) 6am - 12.30pm (Saturday) for 1 hour booked sessions – own equipment required.
- Beach Volleyball Court - 6am - 7pm (Monday to Friday) 6am - 12.30pm (Saturday). 1 hour booked sessions – own equipment required.
- Tennis courts - 6am - 7pm (Monday to Friday) 6am - 12.30pm (Saturday). 1 hour booked sessions – own equipment required.
- Aquatic Centre - 8am - 3pm and then 6pm to 7pm (Monday to Friday) 9am - 12.30pm (Saturday). All subject to lane availability. 1 hour booked sessions.
- All enquiries to be directed through the Sports Centre +61 7 5595 4100
- The Main Library, Law Library, MLC, Business Commons and HSM will be open, but a valid Student ID Card is required for access. Please monitor Opening Hours via the Library website and Library news
- Alumni should visit the Security office on arrival to obtain access to the Library and MLC via a Alumni Access card.
- University Club will be open - Bookings only with limited seating arrangements.
- Lakeside will be open for dining (with limited seating arrangements) and takeaway. Opening hours will be displayed upon entry.
- Papyrus and Pulse will be open for takeaway only. Opening hours will be displayed at each outlet.
- Bond express will be open. Opening hours will be displayed at the entry.
- Medical Centre will be open.
- The Australian Government's COVIDSafe app including general information about the app is available at the following link: https://www.health.gov.au/resources/apps-and-tools/covidsafe-app
- The Queensland Government has implemented home confinement, movement and gathering restrictions which can be found at the Qld Government website. These new restrictions are in place from 3 July 2020.
- The Main Library, Law Library, MLC, Business Commons and HSM will be open, but a valid Student or Staff ID Card is required for access. Please monitor opening hours via the Library website and Library news.
- Alumni should visit the Security office on arrival to obtain access to the Library and MLC via an Alumni Access card.
- All visitors to campus should visit the Security office on arrival. Visitors and local High School students do not currently have general access to the Campus or buildings.