Updated 22 February 2021
Queensland's COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout
Queensland's vaccine strategy is guided by the COVID-19 vaccine National roll-out strategy. Information on vaccine rollout phases, the vaccination process and vaccination hub locations may be accessed at https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/protect-yourself-others/covid-19-vaccine/rollout
From 1am Friday 22 January:
- Masks will no longer be mandatory in Queensland, except in airports and on airplanes – masks are encouraged to be carried and worn when physical distancing is not possible
Further information on the Queensland Government orders is available from: https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/public-health-directions
General Information for students
- Information on multi-modal study is provided at the following link:
Student Resource: Q&A on MMD or you can watch the recently recorded Webinar including Q&A with students.
Staying COVID-safe on campus
- Staying safe on campus
- Do not attend campus if you feel unwell.
Domestic borders - (changes relating to border closures)
The Queensland border is closed to anyone who has been in a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days or since the hotspot was declared (whichever is shorter). Information regarding current hotspots can be accessed here hotspots.
Border restriction information is available at:
Queensland Health has clarified quarantine arrangements for New Zealanders entering Australia. From Wednesday 16 December :
- anyone from New Zealand who travels to Australia on a quarantine-free flight can come to Queensland without needing to quarantine.
International borders remain closed to all other non-citizens and non-residents. The Department of Home Affairs website should be monitored regularly to see if this situation changes https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/.
Australian citizens and permanent residents and those exempt from the new entry restrictions are subject to a compulsory 14-day self-quarantine period upon returning to Australia regardless of where they are travelling from.
Bond University response to coronavirus (COVID-19)
This page provides up-to-date advice for Bond University students and community regarding our response to the current outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) . This website will be continually updated as new information becomes available.
As part of Bond's commitment to our community's health and safety we have set up a Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response Team, which is monitoring the situation and following all the relevant advice from Government agencies and global organisations. The University is taking advice from both Federal and State authorities in responding to potential risks and will provide the latest advice and information to our community on this website over the coming period.
What's open on campus?
Sports Facility opening hours for Students, Staff, Bond Elite Athletes and Bond Alumni (Monday to Saturday):
- Gymnasium - 6am - 8pm
- Sports Hall, Beach Volleyball Court & Tennis Courts - 6am - 7.30pm
- All other times are the same.
All enquiries to be directed through the Sports Centre +61 7 5595 4100
- The Main Library, Law Library, MLC, Business Commons and HSM will be open, but a valid Student ID Card is required for access. Please monitor Opening Hours via the Library website and Library news
- Alumni should visit the Security office on arrival to obtain access to the Library and MLC via a Alumni Access card.
- University Club will be open - Bookings only with limited seating arrangements.
- Lakeside will be open for dining (with limited seating arrangements) and takeaway. Opening hours will be displayed upon entry.
- Papyrus and Pulse will be open for takeaway only. Opening hours will be displayed at each outlet.
- Bond express will be open. Opening hours will be displayed at the entry.
- Medical Centre will be open.
- The Australian Government's COVIDSafe app including general information about the app is available at the following link: https://www.health.gov.au/resources/apps-and-tools/covidsafe-app
- The Main Library, Law Library, MLC, Business Commons and HSM will be open, but a valid Student or Staff ID Card is required for access. Please monitor opening hours via the Library website and Library news.
- Alumni should visit the Security office on arrival to obtain access to the Library and MLC via an Alumni Access card.
- All visitors to campus should visit the Security office on arrival. Visitors and local High School students do not currently have general access to the Campus or buildings.